Thank you for your interest in the MASA St. Louis Shinshinim IL program!
In order to be eligible for this program you must meet the following requirements:
- You have not previously been on a long-term program to Israel (4 months or longer)
- Be 18-20 years of age
- Live in St. Louis
Your application will be reviewed by a committee of professional leaders from the Jewish Federation in St. Louis and from our partnership region in Yokneam Meggido, Israel.
In addition to this application, the process will include: 1) submission of a personal statement as part of this application; 2) an interview with a representative of the Federation and Yokneam Meggido; 3) a psychological assessment.
Qualities we’ll be looking for in the candidates to this program include:
- A strong desire to and passion for connecting with Israel and Israelis
- Ability to function independently;
- Demonstration of leadership and initiative
- Sense of curiosity about Judaism, Jewish culture and history, and Israel;
- Desire to share your experience in a positive light, as a Jew living outside of Israel, with Israelis.
Cost: $2000 plus air travel. This program is generously subsidized by the Jewish Federation of St. Louis and MASA Israel Journey.
The application due date is Friday, May 14, 2021. For questions about the application or the process, please contact Cynthia Wachtel at the Jewish Federation of St. Louis at CWachtel@JFedSTL.org.
For information about the Jewish Federation of St. Louis and Partnership2Gether, click here.
Applications are closed.
This program is a partnership of the Jewish Federation of St. Louis, Partnership2Gether, the Jewish Agency for Israel, and MASA Israel.