Jewish Federation of St. Louis is the Jewish community’s central philanthropic, planning and community-building organization. Founded in 1901, we are one of the region’s most respected and effective nonprofit organizations. Our mission is to mobilize the Jewish community and its human and financial resources to preserve and enhance Jewish life in St. Louis, in Israel and around the world.
We achieve this mission in three ways:
- Through the Foundation for the Jewish Community
- Through Direct Services
- Through Operations
Foundation for the Jewish Community
The Foundation for the Jewish Community invests in projects and organizations that advance our mission.
Five steps of a non-profit Foundation:
- Assess the needs of our community.
- Plan with community leadership to meet those needs.
- Raise the resources to execute those plans by inspiring donors.
- Invest resources in the community to implement our plans.
- Evaluate the impact of those investments.
For over 30 years, the Jewish Federation of St. Louis has provided Direct Services to the Jewish community. Click here to learn more about the many organizations and programs that comprise our Direct Services.
The third function of the Jewish Federation of St. Louis is to work as an internal provider of operational support for the first two core functions, Foundation for Jewish Philanthropy and Direct Services. This includes but is not limited to:
- Fiscal Services
- Financial Statements
- Facilities Management
- Human Resources