Post High School Participants
Birthright Israel Participants:
If you are participating in a Birthright Israel trip, your Passport to Israel funds can be used for the following:
- Domestic airfare or transportation expenses to gateway city departure
- Luggage fee, if applicable
- $250 stipend to cover miscellaneous expenses (i.e. tip for guide and meals not covered on the trip)
Forward the e-ticket to Jody Gerth at JGerth@JFedSTL.org along with who the check should be made payable to and the correct mailing address.
Passport to Israel funds can be used for the following:
- Airfare to Israel
- Meals (excluding liquor)
- Hotels/Hostels (up to $150 per day)
- Transportation in Israel
- Travel insurance
- Entrance fees to museums
- Extension fees (applies to Birthright participants)
Passport to Israel funds cannot be used for the following:
- Personal purchases or gifts for friends/family
- Cell phone rental and usage
- Internet charges
- Airfare can be reimbursed prior to the trip. Forward the eticket to Jody Gerth at JGerth@JFedSTL.org.
- All other expenses will be reimbursed upon your return. A detailed summary of expenses along with copies of all receipts will be needed for reimbursement. If you are traveling with someone, it is not necessary to get a separate receipt. The total bill will be divided by the number of people on the receipt unless otherwise noted.
Submission of Expenses:
Copies of all receipts will need to be submitted along with a summary page of travel expenses.
The summary page should include the following:
- Date of expense
- Description of expense (i.e. lunch, taxi, hotel, kotel tunnel tour, etc.)
- Amount of expense – if totals are in both dollars and shekels, please have one column for dollars and another for shekels.
- If the receipt includes more than one person, please indicate the number of people on the receipt.
Mail or email the summary and copy of receipts to Jody Gerth at JGerth@JFedSTL.org or
Jewish Federation of St. Louis
12 Millstone Campus Drive
St. Louis, MO 63146
If you have any questions, please contact Jody Gerth at JGerth@JFedSTL.org or 314-442-3881.