Post High School Participants
Birthright Israel Participants:
If you are participating in a Birthright Israel trip, your Passport to Israel funds can be used for the following:
- Domestic airfare or transportation expenses to gateway city departure
- Luggage fee, if applicable
- $250 stipend to cover miscellaneous expenses (i.e. tip for guide and meals not covered on the trip)
Forward the e-ticket to Karen Rader at KRader@JFedSTL.org along with who the check should be made payable to and the correct mailing address.
Passport to Israel funds can be used for the following:
- Airfare to Israel
- Meals (excluding liquor)
- Hotels/Hostels (up to $150 per day)
- Transportation in Israel
- Travel insurance
- Entrance fees to museums
- Extension fees (applies to Birthright participants)
Passport to Israel funds cannot be used for the following:
- Personal purchases or gifts for friends/family
- Cell phone rental and usage
- Internet charges
- Airfare can be reimbursed prior to the trip. Forward the eticket to KRader@JFedSTL.org.
- All other expenses will be reimbursed upon your return. A detailed summary of expenses along with copies of all receipts will be needed for reimbursement. If you are traveling with someone, it is not necessary to get a separate receipt. The total bill will be divided by the number of people on the receipt unless otherwise noted.
Submission of Expenses:
Copies of all receipts will need to be submitted along with a summary page of travel expenses.
The summary page should include the following:
- Date of expense
- Description of expense (i.e. lunch, taxi, hotel, kotel tunnel tour, etc.)
- Amount of expense – if totals are in both dollars and shekels, please have one column for dollars and another for shekels.
- If the receipt includes more than one person, please indicate the number of people on the receipt.
Mail or email the summary and copy of receipts to Karen Rader, Israel Center Director, at KRader@JFedSTL.org or
Karen Rader, Israel Center Director
Jewish Federation of St. Louis
12 Millstone Campus Drive
St. Louis, MO 63146
If you have any questions, please contact Karen Rader at KRader@JFedSTL.org or 314-442-3756.