L’Chaim! The Roots of Our Community
A not to be missed virtual evening of
celebration, community, and giving, featuring Bari Weiss
Tuesday, October 27 | 7 pm
As a writer and editor, formerly for the Opinion section of The New York Times, Bari continues to comment on the complex world we’re living in today from antisemitism to COVID-19
Please register by Tuesday, October 20.
About Bari Weiss
This year, more than ever, it is so meaningful for all of us to come together and show our community’s resilience. These extraordinary times call for an extraordinary speaker and there is no one better than Bari Weiss. As a writer and editor, formerly for the Opinion section of The New York Times, Bari continues to write about the complex world we are living in today. Through her columns and speeches, Bari has changed the way we think about important issues, including freedom of speech, and our common culture. Bari is a Pittsburgh native and catapulted to fame after the attack at her family’s synagogue, Tree of Life on October 27, 2018 in which 11 Jews were murdered by an anti-Semitic gunman. Last year she published her first book, How to Fight Anti-Semitism. We are honored to hear from Bari Weiss and commemorate the two year anniversary of Tree of Life.
- $54 – Exclusive Pre-Event: Bari Spills the Beans ticket; includes a ticket to the Main Event, a signed copy of Bari’s book, and a special L’Chaim! treat
- $18 – L’Chaim! ticket; includes a special L’Chaim! box filled with tools to help us celebrate together
- Even though we will be celebrating this year’s event from our homes, we still encourage you to wear your best L’Chaim! chic attire…at least from the waist up!
- Attendees will have the opportunity at the event to make gifts to the Jewish Federation of St. Louis’ Unrestricted 2020 Annual Campaign.
- For questions about registration, please contact Mackenzie Isringhausen at 314-442-3844 or Stacy Wagerman at 314-442-3730.
Sponsorship Opportunities (fully tax deductible):
- $250 Friends of L’Chaim! Sponsor – Your name or your company’s on the welcome screen and a link included in thank you for attending email (event ticket not included).
- For further information about sponsorship opportunities, please contact Beth Feldman, Manager, Professional Society and Corporate Sponsorships, at BFeldman@JFedSTL.org or 314-495-1293.
Thank you to our Sponsors!
Diane Katzman Design
Abby Goldstein, Shana Singer, and Sherry Shuman
On the Run
Laura Lueken at Merrill Lynch
L’Chaim! Event Co-Chairs
Abby Goldstein, Sherry Shuman and Shana Singer
VIP Pre-Event Co-Chairs
Amy Gallant and Stephanie Gross
Amy Bender-Levy, Chair
Lori Sheinbein, Vice Chair, Development
Stacy Abeles, Ellen Alper, Rachel Andreasson, Jennifer Baer, Fran Balk, Lisa Graivier Barnes, Jan Baron, Faith Berger, Lizzie Berman, Barb Bindler, Amy Bornstein, Amy Cantor, Arlene Caplan, Marianne Chervitz, Toby Chod, Patty Croughan, Robyn DeNorscia, Madeleine Elkins, Laura Ellen, Ellen Fagin, Beth Feldman, Laura Fields, Angela Flotken, Cindy Frank, Leah Frankel, Helene Frischer, Wendy Gellman, Michelle Gerchen, Staci Gerchen, Traci Goldstein, Sabrina Gornish, Lisa Greening, Bethe Growe, Lisa Gubernik, Alice Handelman, Barb Herstig, Stacey Hoffman, Rachel Weiss Kalina, Susan Kemppainen, Jen Klearman, Larisa Klebe, Carly Krainen, Elise Krug, Amy Lampert, Shiffy Landa, Debbie Lefton, Jackie Levey, Galit Lev-Harir, Sylvia Manewith, Carol Margolis, Jean Margul, Abbi Marks, Sue Matlof, Myrna Meyer, Carolyn Morris, Galia Movitz, Jennifer Pines, Jennifer Rosenthal, Chanala Rubenfeld, Betsy Rubenstein, Barbara Rubin, Jane Tzinberg Rubin, Michelle Rubin, MaryAnne Smyly Sabin, Ellie Samson, Dana Sandweiss, Andi Schankman, Karen Schechter, Randi Schenberg, Erin Schneider, Sheri Sherman, Cookie Simon, Vicki Singer, Bonnie Solomon, Jill Solomon, Julie B. Stern, Elizabeth Wallace, Stacey Wallach, Sherri Frank Weintrop, Janie Roodman Weiss, Cheryl Whatley, Melanie Winograd, Julie Yawitz
Mackenzie Isringhausen, Resource Assistant
Jessica Wax, Associate, Women’s Philanthropy
Stacy Wagerman, Manager, Women’s Philanthropy
Julie Gibbs, Vice President, Development
Jewish Federation of St. Louis
John Greenberg, Vice Chair, Campaign
Greg Yawitz, Board Chair
Brian Herstig, President & CEO