October 27-November 4, 2019
Participate in one of four unique, customized tracks, and see Israel through your preferred lens.
- A Culinary Taste
- Hi-Tech & Innovation
- Politics & History
- Arts & Culture
NEW this year! Stay on the same track the entire mission or switch between tracks.
Everyone is welcome – couples, singles, friends, and parents with adult children.
Itinerary, details, and registration!
Registration is now open!
- Can I switch tracks throughout the mission? Yes, you will have an opportunity to choose which track you will participate on each day prior to arrival in Israel. Track registration will be requested in 2019.
- Is there a minimum gift required to participate on the mission? There is no minimum gift to the Jewish Federation of St. Louis required.
- Will you be able to accommodate special dietary needs? Yes, as long as we know in advance, we can accommodate dietary needs (i.e. vegetarian, vegan, gluten free). All food on the itinerary will be kosher.
- Will someone help us find restaurants or cultural events on our free evenings? The hostesses dedicated to our mission will be able to recommend and make reservations at restaurants and cultural events at different price points.
- This will be my first time to Israel. Will there be an opportunity to see some of the first timer sights? Yes! During the mission on Saturday afternoon, there will be several optional tours in Jerusalem that will include places first timers might enjoy seeing. There is also a four day pre-trip for first timers or those who have not been to Israel in many years. The pre-trip will include the Old City of Jerusalem, Yad Vashem, Masada, Dead Sea, and more.
- Can we extend our stay and not go on the optional extension? Yes, you can arrive before the mission starts or extend your stay to travel on your own. Our mission organizer, Da’at Travel, can coordinate additional touring as well.
- I will be traveling on my own. Is it possible to find someone for me to share a hotel room? When you register there is a space to include that request.
The land price of the mission is $3,800. This includes a generous subsidy from the Jewish Federation of St. Louis. In addition:
- Those traveling to Israel for the very first time or who have not been in more than 18 years will receive a $150 discount off the total cost of the mission. This discount is available only for those with primary residence in the great St. Louis area.
- Registration will open on November 1, 2018 and is being processed by Da’at Travel. It requires a $300 deposit which will be fully refundable through December 31, 2018.
- Pre-trip for 1st timers to Israel, October 24-28, 2019
- Post-trip to Petra, Jordan, November 3-6, 2019
- Post-trip to Amsterdam & The Hague, Netherlands, November 3-6, 2019
- Is there a group flight? Yes, flight information and pricing will be available in December 2018.
- Can I use frequent flyer points to book my flight? Yes, you can book your flight using frequent flyer points or purchase tickets on your own. Group ticket information and pricing will be available in December 2018.
Registration will open on November 1, 2018 and is being processed by Da’at Travel. It requires a $300 deposit which will be fully refundable through December 31, 2018.
Click here to visit Da’at’s website and learn more.
See what some 2017 trip participants have to say:
“All the pieces of this amazing trip came together beautifully! The speakers and the tours tied the religion, the politics and the economics of the country together in a most intelligent and interesting way.”
“It was truly a trip of a lifetime, and we are so glad we were able to go and experience the many wonderful things to do in Israel.”
Terry & Bruce Safron
“As part of the Business and Innovation track, I got to witness firsthand the creativity and innovation taking place in Israel.”
For more information, contact Karen Rader at KRader@JFedSTL.org or 314-442-3756.
Karen Rader, Director, Israel Experience Center
Karen Sher, Director, Community Engagement
Jewish Federation of St. Louis
Gerald P. Greiman, Board Chair
Andrew Rehfeld, President & CEO