Jewish Federation of St. Louis’ by-laws allow for nominations for at-large Trustees, at-large Directors, and officers independently of the Board Development and Nominating Committee based on the following criteria:
- Two hundred fifty members of Federation may nominate candidates for at-large Trustee positions to be elected at the next Annual Meeting of the members of Federation.
- Fifty Trustees may nominate candidates for at-large Director positions to be elected at the next Annual Meeting of the Board of Trustees.
- Twenty Directors may nominate candidates for election as officers of Federation to be elected at the next Annual Meeting of the Board of Directors.
Additionally, written consent from the nominee agreeing his or her nomination is required. Please include this letter with your submission.
Criteria for service on the Board of Directors and Board of Trustees include:
- Meaningful leadership and financial contribution to the Federation’s Annual Campaign;
- Demonstrated work for the causes in Jewish life;
- Community leadership
- Federation membership (as described below)
Per the by-laws, any Jewish adult individual age 18 or older who makes payment of a contribution of not less than thirty dollars to Federation’s Annual Campaign, or to any campaign conducted in lieu of Federation’s Annual Campaign is a member of Federation. As a condition precedent to membership, an individual shall agree (and continue to abide by such agreement) to respect Federation’s Mission Statement.
Please use the nominating petition form below to submit a nomination for at-large Trustees, at-large Directors and officers independently of the Board Development and Nominating Committee. This form will be available until August 21, 2020.
If you have any questions, please contact Tzivia Levin Kalmes, Manager, Organizational Governance, at TLevinKalmes@JFedSTL.org or 314-442-3868.