The Ben-Gurion Society (BGS) is an outlet for young philanthropists in the community to express their philanthropic generosity, volunteer for community efforts, receive education on Jewish communal issues, and enhance their leadership skills and knowledge on issues that concern all of us. The goal of BGS is to bring people together to make a difference building a brighter Jewish future.
The Ben-Gurion Society is a giving society for donors between the ages 31-45 who make a household gift of $1,000 or more to the Jewish Federation of St. Louis’ Annual Campaign, or donors under the age of 30 and under who make a household gift of $500 or more to the Annual Campaign.
Being a BGS member gives you access to special, members-only opportunities where you can network with other young philanthropists and engage with top business and philanthropic leaders in our local and national community.
- Name recognition in our Annual Donor Roll
- An invitation to special donor appreciation events
- An invitation to Professional Society events
- Engage, locally, and nationally, with top business and philanthropic leaders
- Leadership opportunities
- Develop a sense of camaraderie among local young Jewish philanthropic leaders within the context of the organized Jewish community.
- Provide a mechanism for welcoming new young Jewish professionals into the community to serve as a forum for issues from a Jewish perspective and as a resource for the Jewish and general communities.
- Support the activities of the Jewish Federation of St. Louis and contribute financial resources to assist in maximizing gifts from Jewish men and women younger than the age of 45, preserving and enhancing Jewish life in St. Louis.
- Strengthen our commitment to Jewish values and traditions through educational and cultural programs and activities.
- Foster the development of leadership roles for Jewish professionals within the organized Jewish community.
For more information, please contact Stacy Wagerman, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ben-Gurion Society Members in 2022
Co-Chairs: Laura and Joel Gotkin
|Mr. & Mrs. Zach Abeles
Rabbi Amy Feder & Rabbi Michael Alper
Noah & Tammy Arnow
Andrew & Diana Babitz
Sarah & Steve Bauer
Mike & Sherri Besmer
Adam Birenbaum and Gretchen Sander
Emily & Amy Bornstein
Joel & Rachael Brightfield
Anna & Matt Bukhshtaber
Joshua & Laura Chaise
Ben & Meredith Cherry
Marni & Jeremy Deutsch
Sarah & Tom Eidelman
JJ & Angela Flotken
Larry Gast & Rachel Holtzman
Jeff Glogower & Dalia Oppenheimer
|Abby & Michael Goldstein
Jose Rodriguez & Lauren Rodriguez-Goldstein
Joel Gotkin & Laura Gotkin
Aaron Gould & Julia Kofkoff Gould
C. Bradley Gross & Sarah Kovenock
Geoffrey & Stephanie L. Gross
Mr. & Mrs. Alex Haimann
Brian & Barb Herstig
Stacey & Bill Hoffman
Scott & Courtney Kaar
Mr. & Mrs. Kyle Kerner
Carly & Elliott Kleiman
William & Lauren Levinson
Matt & Jessica Litwack
Hannah & Ian Marshall
Rabbi Hershey & Chana Novack
|Dafna Revah & David Palatnik
William & WeiWei Rubenstein
Andrew Sabin & MaryAnne Smyly Sabin
Mr. and Mrs. Bryan Sanger
Randi & Brian Smith
Danny & Jennifer Growe Soshnik
Jeff & Carly Sparks
Matthew & Ashley Specter
Amanda & Matt Towerman
Ms. Stacy Wagerman
Jeffrey & Jessica Wax
Ben Weiss & Britta Han
Melanie & Dan Winograd
Alexander & Joanna Wolff
Jonathan & Stephanie Zoller
Dr. Scott & Mrs. Julie Zuick