Jewish Federation of St. Louis Interfaith Couples Mission to Israel
Experience Israel together with your interfaith partner on this unique mission!
The trip takes place September 3 – 12, 2017.
Applications are now closed. For more information, contact Karen Rader at KRader@JFedSTL.org or 314-442-3756.
Jewish community members and their spouses/partners who identify as an interfaith couple are invited to travel to Israel as part of a special cohort. Create community with your fellow participants as you learn from each other and navigate what it means to be an interfaith couple in St. Louis.
This trip is designed to engage couples with Israel and understand the importance of the land, culture, people and economy from the perspective of each other’s faith.
Supported by the Jewish Federation of St. Louis and the generosity of Stuart and Susie Zimmerman, this highly subsidized trip is open to eight couples between the ages of 27 and 45.
The land cost is fully subsidized. There is an optional group flight available for $995.00 per person.
Requirements for Participation
- You are between the ages of 27 and 45 years as of January 1, 2017.
- You are married or in a committed relationship.
- One partner in the relationship is Jewish and the other is of a different faith.
- You currently reside in the St. Louis metropolitan area.
- You are willing and able to share your Israel experience with others in the community upon your return.
- You are willing and able to coordinate one program for the group within a year of returning from Israel. This can be a social get-together, volunteer opportunity or an educational program.
Mission Pricing and Details
- Land cost based on double room hotel occupancy – FULLY SUBSIDIZED.
- Optional partially subsidized group flight at $995.00 per person.
Click here to view the trip itinerary.
- Arrival and departure group transfer to/from Ben Gurion International Airport.
- Hotel accommodations for a total of seven nights.
- Full breakfast at hotels daily, plus meals as noted on the itinerary.
- All activity costs and entrance/program fees as per itinerary.
- Licensed Israeli guide.
- Gratuities for the guide and driver.
Services Not Included:
- Airfare (OPTIONAL subsidized group flight – see details below).
- Meals not specified on the itinerary.
- Hotel incidentals.
- Insurance of any kind: travel, medical & baggage.
Timeline of Important Dates:
May 26, 2017 Application due.
May 31, 2017 Notifications will be sent to all applicants.
June 7, 2017 Participants confirm their participation on the mission and let us know if they will be traveling on the optional group flight.
Optional Group Flight:
Seats are being held on the following United Airlines flight at $995.00 per person.
UA4063 STL-EWR 8:30 am – 11:45 am
UA84 EWR-TLV 4:45 pm – 9:30 am (9/4)
UA91 TLV-EWR 11:10 pm – 4:20 am (9/12)
UA4319 EWR-STL 7:30 am – 8:54 am
If you prefer to use your frequent flyer miles, fly with another airline or modify the flight itinerary, you are welcome to book on your own, or contact Murray Travel at 314-426-6111.
For questions or more information, contact Karen Rader, 314-442-3756 or KRader@JFedSTL.org.
Karen Rader, Director, Israel Center
Stephen Cohen, Vice President, Planning & Allocations
Jewish Federation of St. Louis
Harvey N. Wallace, Board Chair
Andrew Rehfeld, President & CEO