The Kranzberg Family Foundation, a supporting foundation of the Jewish Federation of St. Louis, will be accepting applications for its 2022 funding cycle until Nov. 11.
Established through a generous commitment from Ken Kranzberg, the Foundation’s purpose is to provide funds to benefit the Jewish community of St. Louis, specifically focused on the outreach to and engagement of future generations and creation of a vibrant, embracing, local Jewish community that will help retain and be attractive to young adults and families with young children. In addition, the Foundation is receptive to grant applications for general support from organizations that specifically target the Next Generation.
The Foundation also strongly encourages collaboration between community organizations. Applications are open to St. Louis areas 501(c)(3) organizations and congregations that align with the Foundation’s purpose.
Please note the following funding guidelines for the Foundation:
- We prefer to fund ongoing programs rather than one-time programs.
- We prefer to fund programs with significant outreach potential.
- We prefer to fund programs where we are not the sole funder.
- For congregations, we prefer to fund programs that find ways to transcend the walls of the congregation (i.e., applications from congregations must articulate a clear strategy for reaching people outside the membership of the congregation).
- We do not fund requests for subsidies for travel or conference stipends.
- We do not fund requests for capital improvements.
The Foundation has budgeted $50,000 for this grant cycle. Grant applications are due by Nov 11, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. (no exceptions). The Foundation Board, which is comprised of members of the Kranzberg family and Federation representatives, will review the applications and make funding decisions. All applicants will be notified of their grant status by the end of the year.
Apply and get more information at JFedSTL.org/Kranzberg-Family-Foundation. Contact Marla Guggenheimer at 314-442-3764 or MGuggenheimer@JFedSTL.org with any questions or to talk through ideas.