The Kranzberg Family Foundation, a supporting foundation of the Jewish Federation of St. Louis, is accepting applications for its 2020 funding cycle from St. Louis area 501(c)(3) organizations and congregations. This year celebrates the 12th funding cycle for the Foundation.
Established through a generous commitment from Ken Kranzberg, the Foundation’s purpose is to provide funds to benefit the Jewish community of St. Louis, specifically focused on the outreach to and engagement of future generations and creation of a vibrant, embracing, local Jewish community that will retain and be attractive to young adults and families with young children. In addition, the Foundation is receptive to grant applications for general support from organizations that specifically target the Next Generation. The Foundation also strongly encourages collaboration between community agencies and organizations.
Note the following funding guidelines for the Foundation:
- The Foundation prefers to fund ongoing programs rather than one-time programs.
- The Foundation prefers to fund programs with significant outreach potential.
- The Foundation prefers to fund programs where it is not the sole funder.
- For congregations, the Foundation prefers to fund programs that find ways to transcend the walls of the congregation (i.e., applications from congregations must articulate a strong strategy for reaching people outside the membership of the congregation).
- The Foundation does not fund requests for subsidies for travel or conference stipends.
- The Foundation does not fund requests for capital improvements.
The Foundation has budgeted $50,000 for this grant cycle. Grant applications are due by Thursday, November 14, at 11:59 pm. (no exceptions). The Foundation Board, which is comprised of members of the Kranzberg family and Federation representatives, will review the applications and make funding decisions. All applicants will be notified of their grant status by the end of the year.
Apply and get more information at JFedSTL.org/Kranzberg-Family-Foundation. Contact Nava Kantor at 314-442-3814 or NKantor@JFedSTL.org with any questions or to talk through ideas.