Jewish community members and their spouses/partners who identify as an interfaith couple are invited to travel to Israel from May 12 to 21, 2019. Supported by the Jewish Federation of St. Louis and the generosity of Stuart and Susie Zimmerman, this highly subsidized trip is open to eight couples.
This trip is designed to engage couples with Israel and understand the importance of the land, culture, people, and economy from the perspective of each other’s faith.
To qualify for the trip, applicants must be:
- between the ages of 27 and 45;
- or over the age of 45 with children 12 and younger;
- married or in a committed relationship;
- one partner in the relationship is Jewish and the other is of a different faith;
- currently reside in the St. Louis metropolitan area;
- willing and able to coordinate one program for the group within a year of returning from Israel. This can be a social get together, volunteer opportunity or an educational program.
A full itinerary of the trip is available at JFedSTL.org/events/Interfaith-2019.
The land cost of this once-in-a-lifetime trip is fully subsidized. Applications are due November 9.
For questions or more information, contact Karen Rader at 314-442-3756 or KRader@JFedSTL.org.