The Staenberg Family Foundation, a Supporting Foundation of the Jewish Federation of St. Louis, announced that 16 local Jewish organizations will be recipients of over $58,000 through the Anything Grants, aimed at helping organizations raise funds for a variety of needs.
The recipients of this year’s Staenberg Family Foundation Anything Grants include:
- Anti-Defamation League – Words to Action
- Barbara Mendelson Tomchei Shabbos Fund – Chaggim Meat Program
- Covenant Place – Meal Essentials
- Crown Center for Senior Living – Kitchen Essentials
- Epstein Hebrew Academy – Amplify the Next Generation of Scientists
- Esther Miller Bias Yaakov- Technology Needs
- Jewish Family & Children’s Service – Technology Upgrade
- Maryville University Hillel – Sukkah
- St. Louis Jewish Light – Telephone System
- St. Louis Kollel – Training & Development Initiative
- St. Louis Torah MiTzion Kollel – Yachad 2018
- Taharath Israel – Ritual Bath Program
- Temple Emanuel – Emergency Preparedness Prioritieis
- U-City Shul – Bathroom Renovation
- Yeshivat Kadimah High School – Technology Expansion/Update
- Young Israel of St. Louis – Perimeter Fence
“Maryville Hillel is thrilled to receive funding from the Staenberg Family Foundation through the Anything Grant for a larger, more welcoming Sukkah,” said Erin Schreiber, Director, Maryville University Hillel. “Our students have a wonderful tradition of Sukkot programming, but our growing student population meant we had outgrown our previous Sukkah. Our students are already planning an expanded schedule of meals and programs now that we have a gathering space that can accommodate our Hillel’s needs.”
Each grant will be equal to 50 percent of the project budget; organizations are responsible for raising the remaining 50 percent from other sources. Grant recipients must complete the project by December 1, 2018 in order to receive funds.
The program has been so successful locally that it has been replicated in two other communities outside of Missouri. Earlier year, Jewish Federation of Omaha announced the second year of Anything Grants. For more information about the Anything Grants or Staenberg Family Foundation, contact Mindee Fredman at MFredman@JFedSTL.org or 314-442-3735.