Honorees have been announced for the Annual JProStl Recognition Luncheon, which will take place on Thursday, February 2, 2017 from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm at the JCC Staenberg Family Complex. The theme of the program is Shining the Light on our Professional Community. Recipients were chosen by a committee of JProStl leadership and former honorees representing colleagues from across the community.
Marty Oberman has been chosen as the recipient of the JProStl Partnership award, recognizing a board leader who best exemplifies the lay–staff relationship through commitments to the Jewish community and St. Louis region, ethical leadership, Jewish values and acts of kindness.
The JProStl peer awards honor those who exemplify professional excellence and dedication to their position, organization and the St. Louis Jewish community. Those selected to receive a JProStl Peer Award in eight categories include:
- Rick Recht (Jewish Rock Radio) for Visionary
- Rosalie Stein (Congregation Shaare Emeth) for Career Achievement
- Amy Pakett (Jewish Federation of St. Louis) for Emerging Leader
- Derrick Bryant (Temple Israel) for Dedication
- Ellen Futterman (St. Louis Jewish Light) and Randi Schenberg (Crown Center) for Pillar
- Craig Neuman (The J) for Mentor
- Rabbi Micah Buck-Yael (JF&CS) for Chesed/Kindness
- Leiba Levine (Saul Mirowitz Jewish Community School) and Esti Zuravin (Esther Miller Bais Yaakov) for Education
Program co-chairs are Ellen Alper of NCJW and Erin Schreiber of Maryville University Hillel. Awards co-chairs are Bryan Anderhub of The J and Patty Bloom of Saul Mirowitz Jewish Community School and Partnership Awards co-chairs are Nancy Weigley of Central Reform Congregation and Rabbi Michael Rovinsky of JSU. Marianne Chervitz of the Jewish Federation of St. Louis is JProStl Special Events Chairman and Julie Gibbs of the Jewish Federation of St. Louis is JProStl President.
The Luncheon is $25 for guests and free of charge for staff who work at least 15 hours per week annually at a Jewish organization. The Luncheon is directly supported by the Lubin-Green Foundation, a supporting foundation of the Jewish Federation of St. Louis, Maryville University and Maryville University Hillel. JProStl is affiliated nationally with the JPRO Network. To register and to donate to professional development in honor of the recipients, go to MillstoneSTL.org/JPro17. For information, contact Marci Mayer Eisen at 314-442-3810 or MEisen@JFedSTL.org.