The Jewish Community Relations Council and the Jewish Federation of St. Louis’ Millstone Institute invite passionate community members to participate in a transformational leadership experience. Leading for Social Change: Washington D.C. Mission will take place Sunday, April 30-Tuesday, May 2, 2017, in addition to the Advocacy Training Experience in advance of the trip.
From behind-the-scenes briefings at the U.S. Department of State to face-to-face meetings with House and Senate leaders, policy makers and Jewish leaders, participants will:
- Explore the needs of the global Jewish community.
- Discover the influence the Jewish community has on America’s social and political landscape.
- Be briefed on national security, Israel and Federation funds flowing to our agencies.
- Master the new political realities that shape our future.
The three pre-trip sessions in advance of the Mission (February 12, March 5 and April 23) will be facilitated by professional consultants who have expertise in lobbying, grass roots and coalition building and a commitment to working on complex policy issues around human services and the nonprofit sector.
Through access to experts and exploration of complex issues, participants will:
- Learn skills and tools in outreach and advocacy.
- Gain tools for lobbying government officials.
- Grow and develop confidence and competence to be a more active and impactful constituent.
Applicants should have a passion for social justice and an interest in expanding their volunteerism in the St. Louis Jewish community. To apply, visit JFedSTL.org/DC-Mission. Space is limited and all applications will be subject to review.
For more information, contact Karen Sher (Millstone Institute) at KSher@JFedSTL.org or 314-442-3824 or Maharat Rori Picker Neiss (Jewish Community Relations Council) at 314-442-3770 or RPickerNeiss@JCRCSTL.org.