Jewish Federation of St. Louis is excited to share plans to expand the Next Gen Outreach Initiative and is seeking a dynamic, creative self-starter to join their team. This individual will staff the Young Professionals Division (YPD), plan and execute several community-wide programs and small-scale engagement events, and work to connect individuals to our Jewish community and to each other.
- Staff the Young Professionals Division, working to develop and cultivate a highly engaged and diverse Board that is empowered to create and execute a variety of educational and engagement events.
- Work closely with the Marketing Department to ensure consistent branding, website presence, and social media strategy.
- Welcome new individuals to the community and increase the engagement of existing community members through one-on-one meetings and consistent follow up.
- Design and participate in group processes designed to evaluate and enhance our existing programming efforts. Work to engage and create opportunities around special interests such as outdoor exploration, Torah study, Jews of Color, sports groups, etc.
- Develop creative ways to engage individuals post-Birthright experiences.
- Serve as key staff for large-scale collaborative Young Adult events such as Lou-Au Pool Party and LollapaJEWza. Work with community-wide team to create meaningful spring and fall events.
- Develop leadership opportunities and training for young adults.
- Work cross-departmentally to create a strong connection to Jewish Federation of St. Louis’ development efforts.
- Conduct ongoing evaluation of the work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to naturally connect with young adults.
- Ability to work creatively independently and with a team.
- Capable of out of the box thinking and skill with creative problem-solving.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; familiarity with all forms of social media.
- Experience in large- and small-scale event planning.
- Knowledge and understanding of Jewish culture and traditions.
- Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment.
- Passion for the St. Louis metropolitan area.
- Willingness to travel within the St. Louis area.
- Some evening and weekend work required for meetings and events.
- Sense of Humor.
Bachelor’s degree required. Two to three years’ post-college experience preferred in an engagement-oriented position. Position offers an extensive benefits package including health, dental, 403(b), paid vacation, paid holidays, sick and personal time, life insurance, LTD and more. Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to HR@JFedSTL.org.
For a full list of job opportunities at Jewish Federation of St. Louis, visit our Career Opportunities page.