The Jewish Federation of St. Louis is growing and seeking talented individuals to join our dynamic organization. If you’re seeking a challenging position with an exciting organization dedicated to feed the hungry, educate students of all ages, care for the young and old, fight anti-Semitism, promote Jewish culture and support Jews in Israel and around the world, then the Jewish Federation of St. Louis is the place for you.
We currently have an opportunity for a Director, Endowments and Planned Giving. The Director– Endowments & Planned Giving supports the infrastructure of the endowment and planned giving so that additional financial resources can be raised. This includes management of the planned giving database, ongoing communications with donors, coordination of fund distribution schedule, and coordination with marketing staff as to communication of endowments and planned giving. Flexible hour are available.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Management of Endowment and Planned Giving Operation:
- Oversee and manage endowment and planned giving structure.
- Ensure that the following endowment and planned giving operations occur effectively and efficiently.
- Develop and implement a plan that ensures endowments are properly acknowledged and billed.
- Prepare and produce with the input endowment documentation including IOGs and other deferred giving instruments.
- Interface with legal counsel and fiscal to ensure everything is accurate and legal.
- Prepare for and staff Endowment Committee meetings.
- Plan and implement endowment educational events.
- Manage scholarship process through supervision of Resource Assistant
- Serve as resource to the entire organization on planned and deferred giving.
Philanthropic Fund Development & Management:
- Create and implement plan to encourage increased disbursements to the Jewish community from philanthropic funds.
- Respond to all inquiries from donors and prospects regarding endowments and planned giving.
- Responsible for opening new philanthropic funds for donors.
- Oversee all the mechanics of the philanthropic fund operation or help with outsourcing plan, including sending out quarterly reports, preparing and reviewing information for board meetings, Reviewing and sending out checks
Management and Implementation of Endowment and Planned Giving Events:
- Work with staff to create and implement events that meet goals of the department (2-3 events per year.)
- 3-4 years of major gift management experience with working knowledge of planned giving and endowment management.
- Working knowledge of deferred giving and planned giving.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to communicate complicated information into an easily understood format.
- Knowledge of St. Louis’ organized Jewish community.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in legal, finance, business administration or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of financial planning, estate planning or endowments.
- CFP preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Travel to organizations in the local community.
- Will require working some evening and weekend hours for meetings and events.
We offer a competitive wage and terrific benefits package including, health, dental, 403(b), vacation, personal time, life insurance, long term disability and more. We also provide paid Jewish and secular holidays. Flexible hours are available for this position.
Interested candidates should send their resume to email@example.com. Feel free to visit our website at www.jfedstl.org.