Position: VP-Operations Officer/Chief Operations Officer
Reports to: CEO
The Jewish Federation of St. Louis mobilizes the Jewish community and its human and financial resources to preserve and enhance Jewish life in St. Louis, Israel and around the world.
The Jewish Federation of St. Louis acts as a central Jewish financial resource development and planning institution for the Jewish community in the great St. Louis region. We serve donors and local and international NGO’s by providing planning, capacity building and financial resources from funds raised through our Jewish Community Foundation, endowed vehicles, donor-advised philanthropy and campaigns. Additionally we serve the needs of the Jewish people in Israel and overseas with financial support of innovative programming.
The VP-Operations/Chief Operations Officer of the Jewish Federation of St. Louis will provide oversight and strategic guidance to all aspects of the organization, partnering with each of Federation’s substantive units (Development, Planning and Allocations, Marketing, and Fiscal).
The Senior Executive Position Serves on a 6-person Management team, reports directly to President and CEO, and attends Board of Directors and Coordinating Committee meetings. The Senior Executive will directly supervise the Director of Human Resources, Facilities Manager and Central Services Coordinator (or office manager). They will also oversee Legal relationship and Information Technology Services.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
- Lead the strategic and long-range planning efforts of Federation;
- Oversee (non-allocation) relationship with agencies including loans, expense allocations and shared services;
- Responsible for risk management including organization’s insurance coverage’s and Jewish Community Insurance Program;
- Oversee outsourced services (including legal and IT), and the community security plan;
- Co-staffs (with the Director of Finance) the Budget, Finance & Administration, Audit and Investment Committees;
- Leads periodic review of all major vendor and non-financial broker relationships;
- Oversees strategic board and leadership development, including periodic governance review of the organization;
- Undertakes major special projects consistent with Federation’s strategic and work plans;
- Serves as an external consultant for strategic planning to our local agencies, synagogues and organizations on an as-needed basis;
- Advises investment management for Jewish Community Foundation and pension assets with the Director of Finance;
- Other projects as assigned by CEO or as needed by organization
EDUCATION OR EXPERIENCE EQUIVALENT TO
- MBA, MPP or MPA preferred
- Minimum of 10 years financial management or strategic analysis experience, with either non-profit professional experience or extensive lay involvement.
- Strong strategic business skills and strong financial analysis skills
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to articulate vision and bring about change
- Excellent people skills and ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects/priorities in a highly results oriented environment
The Jewish Federation of St. Louis offers a terrific benefits package including health/dental, 403(b), vacation, paid Jewish and secular holiday’s, 50% off membership at the JCC, sick and personal time, life insurance, ltd and more.