Staenberg Family Foundation: Anything Grants
Anything Grants will support projects, infrastructure and programs of local Jewish organizations
The Staenberg Family Foundation, a supporting Foundation of the Jewish Federation of St. Louis, announces a new grant opportunity aimed at helping agencies and programs raise funds for a variety of needs, including infrastructure, capital improvements, new and ongoing programs, technology, etc. The Foundation’s Anything Grants will award $50,000 in grants to local Jewish organizations, ranging from $1,000 to $5,000 per grant. Each grant will be equal to 50% of the project budget; organizations are responsible for raising the remaining 50% from other sources.
Michael Staenberg, who started the Foundation with his wife, Carol, explained, “The Staenberg Family Foundation has been committed to supporting the Jewish community of St. Louis, and our new Anything Grant will help organizations of all sizes by providing funds for operations and programs. We are excited to see the ideas that are developed by the many dedicated people whose missions are helping our community thrive.”
Grants are available for a variety of projects; examples include, but are not limited to, hiring a consultant, purchasing technology, staff/board professional development, building beautification/improvement, and implementing a new program. As these are one-time grants, grants for specific one-time needs are encouraged; if a request is made for an ongoing project, the agency or organization must articulate a sustainability plan.
Criteria for one-time Anything Grants
- Grants will be given to Jewish non-profit agencies, organizations or synagogues in the St. Louis community.
- The request should be for 50% of your projected program budget – you must articulate how the other 50% will be raised.
- Your request should not be part of a larger campaign. We want to fund projects that can be accomplished with our contribution as half of the project budget.
- Your agency must have 501(c)3 tax status.
- We encourage submission of proposals for specific one-time needs. If it is for an ongoing project, a sustainability plan must be articulated.
Anything Grant applications are being accepted now through March 18, 2015. Members of the Staenberg Family Foundation will evaluate proposals and will announce the winners by May 15, 2015. For information, contact Mindee Fredman at
You will be directed to the Jewish Federation’s new grants management software site. You will need to create a new account for your organization before you can submit the application for the Staenberg Foundation Anything Grants. You can save your application in draft form if you can’t complete it in one session.