In 1901, the Jewish Federation of St. Louis was founded. The Women’s Division, founded in 1948, helped strengthen women’s philanthropy by encouraging women to give their own gifts and recognize and develop leadership.
Business and Professional Women’s Division was founded in 1987 to recognize the special interests of career women and provide them opportunities to serve the community and cultivate leadership.
Women’s Connection was formed in 2006 by combining Women’s Division and Business & Professional Division to work together to achieve philanthropic goals and leadership goals.
Women’s Connection changed its name in 2011 to Women’s Philanthropy to reflect the impact of women’s philanthropy and leadership in our Jewish community.