The Teen Tzedek St. Louis Youth Philanthropy Program empowers teens to improve the world by launching them on a personal and engaged relationship to life-long Jewish giving. Participants typically enter the Teen Tzedek program during the year of their Bar/Bat Mitzvah, although it is not unusual for them to enter the year before or within a few years after. Each year the teens allocate five percent of their fund to the Jewish charity of their choice. The lessons of giving and the philanthropy continue every year until they are at least 25 years old.
Teen Tzedek is funded by a generous grant from the Kranzberg Family Foundation, a supporting foundation of the Jewish Federation of St. Louis.
What are the objectives?
- To engage a growing number of youth in the ongoing care of our Jewish community.
- To empower Jewish teens to change the world through Jewish philanthropy.
- To create a greater community focus on Jewish giving through Teen Tzedek participants, their families and social networks.
- To cultivate the next generation of leadership for our congregations and community agencies.
- For Jewish teens to experience an allocation process for non-profit organizations.
- Great tie-in with your mitzvah project.
- Wonderful addition to a college resume.
- Opportunity to meet other teens interested in making a difference.
If you have any questions, please call me at 314-442-3776 or email at BKoritz@JFedSTL.org.