Fall Programs featuring Dr. Nir Tsuk
Dr. Nir Tsuk
International Expert in the Field of Social Entrepreneurship
November 19-21, 2019
Being a social entrepreneur means creating novel solutions for social problems. The main goal of social entrepreneurship is to find a way to make positive and systemic change in the world. The challenge for community leaders is to find realistic, feasible, and sustainable solutions to complex and multifaceted problems. Dr. Nir Tsuk has worked with government bodies, businesses, foundations, universities, and Jewish and secular nonprofits, around the world. He has a Ph.D. from Cambridge in social and political sciences where he wrote his dissertation on social networks, social capital, and intentional communities. Nir has family in St. Louis and we are fortunate to take advantage of his time here in November with plans for a return visit in March 2020. Read more about Nir below.
Please register for the session that fits with your role and interests.
For information and to reserve a 45-minute consult time (note limited spaces), contact Marci Mayer Eisen at MEisen@JFedSTL.org or 314-442-3810.
Supported by The Barry Rosenberg Fund for Professional Excellence, Mont & Karen Levy, and the Lubin Green Foundation, a supporting foundation of the Jewish Federation of St. Louis.
- “Tackling the Big Problems” – Breakfast meeting with execs/CEOs at the Kaplan Feldman Complex, 8-9:30 am
- “Attracting and Keeping Young Adults in St. Louis” – A workshop for Federation staff and guests, 10-11:30 am
- “Spiritual Leadership and Social Impact” for clergy, noon-1:30 pm
- Individual Consults from 2-4 pm – Please schedule with Marci Mayer Eisen at MEisen@JFedSTL.org
- “Social Entrepreneurship and Community Change” – Evening program for 2019-20 Millstone Fellows
- Individual Consults from 8-10 am – Please schedule with Marci Mayer Eisen at MEisen@JFedSTL.org
- Meetings at Washington University of St. Louis’ Social Work & Business Schools, 11 am-3 pm
- “Intrapreneurship: Innovation from Within” – Jewish Federation of St. Louis’ Professional Society event at Innovation Hall (4220 Duncan, 63110), 6-8 pm (separate registration here for Professional Society members only)
- “Sharing Our Knowledge, Building Our Networks” – Meeting for local young(er) entrepreneurs in the Clayton area, 8-9:30 am
- Individual Consults from 10 am-4 pm – Please schedule with Marci Mayer Eisen at MEisen@JFedSTL.org
- “Social Entrepreneurship as a Tool for Planning” for Federation Community Impact Committees, 4-5:30 pm
- “Future of the Modern Orthodox Community” – Conversation for young adults at private home by invitation, 8-9:30 pm
Dr. Nir Tsuk Career Highlights:
- NYU Global Distinguished Scholar Founder, i³: The Institute for Impact & Intrapreneurship
- Directed Global Fellowships and Managing Director/Founder of the Israeli office of Ashoka, the world’s largest social entrepreneurship organization, connecting more than 3000 social entrepreneurs in 72 countries
- Trained rabbis on social entrepreneurship as part of New York University’s Certificate in Spiritual Leadership and Social Impact
- Global Strategy and Business Development with Idealist, the world’s largest social online talent acquisition platform
- Adjunct Professor of Social Entrepreneurship, Hebrew University; Visiting Professor on Entrepreneurship – King’s College (London) and Osaka University (Japan)
Online registration is closed. Call Marci at 314-442-3810 for more information.