This event is online only.
A virtual evening of celebration, community, and giving, featuring Clea Shearer and Joanna Teplin, founders of The Home Edit. Clea and Joanna will share how Jewish values have shaped them into powerful female entrepreneurs with an inspirational Instagram account, celebrity clients, and a hit Netflix series.
Wednesday, October 27, at 7 pm | Virtual
About The Home Edit
When the two met in the summer of 2015, Clea Shearer and Joanna Teplin each had their own successful careers centered around helping others with their personal organization. They instantly saw the great potential in their combined efforts and launched The Home Edit the very same day their paths first crossed.
The way they operate The Home Edit was shaped by their Jewish experiences. “Our values have allowed us to run a company with ethics, kindness, and morality…all of which we learned in our Jewish homes.” Judaism was instilled as a center compass in their personal and professional lives, allowing the duo to remember what is most important as they remain focused and driven.
Their inspirational Instagram account has drawn more than 5.3 million followers, as well as celebrity fans like Reese Witherspoon, Khloe Kardashian and Gwyneth Paltrow. Their Netflix series premiered last year and they have two best-selling books and their own line of products at The Container Store.
- $54 – VIP Experience; includes a ticket to the Main Event, a copy of The Home Edit book and a special L’Chaim! treat
- WOW! We have had a great response to the L’Chaim VIP Experience. We are re-ordering The Home Edit Book. Currently we cannot guarantee that you will receive the book prior to the event, but you will receive the book shortly after the event.
- $18 – L’Chaim! ticket; includes a special L’Chaim! treat
- Attendees will have the opportunity at the event to make gifts to the Jewish Federation of St. Louis’ Unrestricted 2021 Annual Campaign.
- For questions about registration, please contact Mackenzie Isringhausen at 314-442-3844 or Stacy Wagerman at 314-442-3730.
Community Service Project – Get Organized and Help Our Community!
- Make Hanukkah Bright! Donate new, unwrapped toys, books, and games for children in need. Women’s Philanthropy and JFS will distribute these donations through Hanukkah Hugs. Shop online and send your gift directly to the Jewish Federation of St. Louis, 12 Millstone Campus Drive, St. Louis, 63146 or drop off in the collection bin at Federation.
- Inspired by The Home Edit? Clean out your closet and donate new and gently used clothing, shoes, jewelry, and accessories to NCJW’s Resale Shop. Use the bag in your L’Chaim! giveaway to collect your items.
Sponsorship Opportunities (fully tax deductible):
- $250 Friends of L’Chaim! Sponsor – Your name or your company’s on the welcome screen and a link included in thank you for attending email (event ticket not included).
- For further information about sponsorship opportunities, please contact Ellen Soule, Professional Society & Corporate Partnerships Officer, at ESoule@JFedSTL.org or 314-442-3732.
Thank You to Our Generous Sponsors!
- US Bank
- On the Run by Wallis Oil
- Spencer Fane LLP
- Berger Memorial Chapel
- Jacques Herzog, MD
- College Hunks Hauling Junk and Moving
- Crazy Bowls & Wraps
- Gallant Dental Group
- Marmi Shoes
- Massage Envy
- Merrill – A Bank of America Company – The Lueken Group
- Ophthalmic Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery
- John B. Holds, MD
- Adam G. Buchanan, MD
- Sara N. Reggie, MD
- Ridenour Plastic Surgery
- St. Louis Jewish Light
- The Gatesworth
L’Chaim! Event Co-Chairs
Fran Balk, Lizzie Berman and Amy Gallant
VIP Experience Co-Chairs
Jen Klearman and Michelle Rubin
Amy Bender-Levy, Chair
Laura Fields, Chair-Elect
Lori Sheinbein, Vice Chair, Development
Jenny Abeles, Stacy Abeles, Ellen Alper, Jennifer Baer, Lisa Graivier Barnes, Jan Baron, Rachel Bearman, Barb Bindler, Betti Blumoff, Amy Bornstein, Susan Bosse, Marcia Brockman, Amy Fenster Brown, Arlene Caplan, Marianne Chervitz, Laurie Chod, Marcy Cornfeld, Robyn DeNorscia, Abby Eisen, Madeleine Elkins, Laura Ellen, Ellen Fagin, Teree Farbstein, Amy Feder, Beth Feldman, Angela Flotken, Cindy Frank, Helene Frischer, Staci Gerchen, Shelley Gibbons, Jessa Glick, Abby Goldstein, Traci Goldstein, Marian Gordon, Sabrina Gornish, Lisa Greening, Amy Herman, Barb Herstig, Stacey Hoffman, Randee Jacobs, Rachel Weiss Kalina, Barb Kramer, Linda Kusmer, Amy Lampert, Shiffy Landa, Julie Leeds, Debbie Lefton, Jackie Levey, Sue Levine, Sylvia Manewith, Jill Mannis, Carol Margolis, Sue Matlof, Myrna Meyer, Carolyn Morris, Galia Movitz, Lauren Murov, Becca Near, Lenore Pepper, Charlie Perera, Jennifer Pines, Anna Poger, Dana Pohlman, Adinah Raskas, Brigitte Rosenberg, Jennifer Rosenthal, Roz Rothman, Betsy Rubenstein, Andrea Rubin, Barbara Rubin, MaryAnne Smyly Sabin, Dana Sandweiss, Rebekah Scallet, Elissa Schachter, Andi Schankman, Jessica Schatz, Karen Schechter, Randi Schenberg, Randee Schmittdiel, Dana Schwartz, Donna Segal, Heidi Seigel, Sheri Sherman, Vickie Shuchart, Sherry Shuman, Cookie Simon, Shana Singer, Stacy Singer, Tracy Singer, Nancy Siwak, Bonnie Solomon, Jennifer Growe Soshnik, Ellen Soule, Julie Stern, Courtney Swillinger, Rachel Taxman, Nancy Weigley, Sherri Frank Weintrop, Janie Roodman Weiss, Laura Whalen, Linda Yatkeman, Julie Yawitz
Mackenzie Isringhausen, Resource Assistant
Jessica Wax, Associate, Women’s Philanthropy
Stacy Wagerman, Director, Women’s Philanthropy
Julie Gibbs, Vice President, Development
Jewish Federation of St. Louis
John Greenberg, Vice Chair, Campaign
Greg Yawitz, Board Chair
Brian Herstig, President & CEO
Online registration is closed. Please contact Stacy Wagerman at SWagerman@JFedSTL.org or 314-442-3844.