PROFESSIONAL SOCIETYJEWISH FEDERATION OF ST. LOUIS
The Professional Society convenes, connects and catalyzes individuals committed to the work of the Jewish Federation of St. Louis based on industry, shared interests and involvements through high level social, networking and educational opportunities. Offering another point of access for community involvement, the Jewish Federation of St. Louis’ Professional Society connects, inspires and engages members of our community so that together we can help individuals in St. Louis and around the world live with dignity, meaning and purpose.
- Networking within and across professions
- Access to local and national speakers
- Invitations to industry-targeted educational programs (check out photos from the March 9, 2017 event at Scottrade Center!)
- Potential leadership opportunities within the Jewish community
- A forum to discuss issues from a Jewish perspective
- Continued Education Credits opportunities
- Recognition in the Jewish Federation of St. Louis’ Annual Report
Benefits to the Jewish Community:
Professional Society members strengthen and impact the Jewish Federation of St. Louis and the Jewish Community through:
- Engaging in philanthropic support
- Contributing professional skills and expertise
- Developing camaraderie and a sense of community
- Providing increased or deepened leadership commitments
- Ages 46+ – $1,800 or more
- Ages 31-45 – $1,000 or more
- Ages 30 and under – $500 or more
- Medical Residents – $360 or more
The Professional Society has expanded to include professionals from all trades and industries, and continues to bring together individuals through the following established societies: Business and Real Estate Division, Financial Services, Legal Division and Healthcare Division. Each strives to strengthen the local professional community and our Jewish community through education, volunteerism and philanthropy. Members seek to encourage and strengthen the sense of community among each other through social and educational events throughout the year.
Professional Societies are generously sponsored by Sterling Bank.
BUSINESS AND REAL ESTATE DIVISION
Open to all professionals from retail and wholesale businesses, service or manufacturing firms, technology and start-up companies, real estate brokerage firms, construction firms, real estate developers and others in the business industry, as well as business school students.
Open to all financial professionals, including accountants, stock brokers, bankers, wealth advisors, insurance brokers and others in the financial services industry. Click here for more information.
Open to all healthcare professionals, including physicians, dentists, pharmacists, nurses, therapists and medical students. Click here for more information.
Open to all legal professionals, including attorneys, judges, legal assistants and law students. Click here for more information.
For more information or to get involved, contact Lynn Freedman at LFreedman@JFedSTL.org or 314-442-3824.
Professional Society Chair
Leadership Advisory Committee
Judy Abrams, Stephen Bell, Sandy Boxerman, Lauren Cohen, Stephen Davis, Michael Goldberg, John Greenberg, Jessica Igielnik, Neil Jaffe, Scott Kaar, Steven Lauter, Matt Litwack, Michelle Mufson, Marty Oberman, Jerry Padawer, Joel Portman, Maury Poscover, Ken Rubin, Mark Rubin, Pearl Serota, Karen Smoller, Brad Snitzer, Richard Stein