Leadership Coaching Academy with Deborah Grayson Riegel
Deborah Grayson Riegel’s Coaching Academy will return to St. Louis with a choice to attend on Sunday, November 12, Monday, November 13 or Tuesday, November 14. Cost is $450 general rate, $395 nonprofit professional rate. Scholarships available.
Community leaders who know how to coach others bring out the best in people by helping them improve performance, communications, relationships and team-building. Coaching skills are essential for those who want to help their staff, leaders and organizations thrive. The Leadership Coaching Academy is designed for emerging and seasoned professionals and board leaders of non-profit organizations and educational institutions, and can benefit anyone who is interested in learning core coaching skills for their work and life.
Deborah Grayson Riegel, MSW, PCC is an internationally recognized expert in communication skills and professional coaching. She contributes to Harvard Business Review, Forbes, Bloomberg Business Week and the New York Times. Deborah currently teaches at several MBA programs and her clients include American Express, Google and Kraft. Deborah spends extensive time working with Jewish organizations across North America and is the founder of the Jewish Coaching Academy.
Coaching skills can help leaders:
- Improve listening skills and interpersonal communication
- Develop tools for powerful questioning to unlock creativity
- Re-energize, reinvigorate and recommit staff and volunteer leadership
- Increase empowerment and accountability
- Build the confidence and competence of new leaders
- Help teams identify priorities and take action
- Boost happier, healthier work relationships
The curriculum highlights skills for:
- Partnering for progress
- Listening to learn
- Being curious
- Tapping into wisdom
- Summoning strengths
- Providing support
- Motivating and goal-Setting
- Action planning and overcoming obstacles
- Commitment and accountability
Coaching Academy Testimonials
- “The Coaching Academy provided me the opportunity to learn, practice and hone an important set of skills that I was able to use
immediately as an executive director.” -Nikki Goldstein, Executive Director, Crown Center for Senior Living
- “I’ve been through many leadership programs, but I think Deborah Grayson Riegel’s coaching training has had the greatest impact. The day of training, with follow-up practice sessions, contributed to my skills and confidence.” -Nancy Weigley, Executive Director, Central Reform Congregation
- “The Coaching Academy has helped me to develop skills to help others to develop skills. Before, I would try and solve people’s problems with/for them. Now, I have the skills to help people figure out how to solve their problems themselves.” -Craig Neuman, JCC
- “The coaching academy has not only provided me with additional know how on how to handle conversations differently but it’s also provided me new game changing skills that I’ll be able to use positively in my career and future community endeavors.” -Alan Robbins, Lay Leader
- “The Coaching Academy has provided me with a wonderful opportunity to hone my coaching skills and also to connect with others in the Jewish professional community I otherwise would not have met.” -Gail Wechsler, JCRC
For more information, contact Marci Mayer Eisen at 314-442-3810 or MEisen@JFedSTL.org.
The Millstone Institute for Jewish Leadership is a community-wide endeavor to engage and inspire volunteer leaders and professionals. Initiatives are made possible by the generous support of the Lubin-Green Foundation, a supporting foundation of the Jewish Federation of St. Louis, the Millstone Foundation, the Bill Solomon Family and Mont & Karen Levy.
Leadership Coaching Academy is proudly supported by:
Marci Mayer Eisen, Director, Millstone Institute
Karen Sher, Senior Program Associate, Community Development
Sonia Dobinsky, Vice President, Community Development
Millstone Advisory Committee
Paul Flotken, Chair
Jewish Federation of St. Louis
Harvey N. Wallace, Board Chair
Andrew Rehfeld, Ph.D., President & CEO