Below is the Home Repair & Computer Assistance Liability Waiver, Release and Acknowledgement. Please read the below statements and complete the form to authorize the St. Louis NORC to provide assistance and complete repairs in your home.
- I agree to allow St. Louis NORC to provide one or more of the following services for my benefit (the “Services”):
- Provide a volunteer from NORC (the “Volunteer”) to come into my residence located at the address below, which I own or rent, and make agreed-upon repairs to my residence and/or work on my personal computer, which I own, assist me in working on my personal computer and/or teach me how to work on my personal computer. This may include installing hardware or software, setting up wiring or networking, basic word processing or Internet functions and/or other computer functions at my request.
- Provide transportation through a taxi service to a NORC-provided activity.
- I agree to fully reimburse all Volunteers for any supplies purchased by such Volunteers that are necessary in connection with the Services.
- I understand that NORC- provided Volunteers who may visit my home are handy and helpful volunteers from the community who are interviewed and background screened for criminal and driving record history by NORC but are not necessarily licensed or bonded professionals. I further understand that any driver providing transportation Services through a taxi service is not an employee or volunteer of NORC and has not been interviewed or background screened.
- I understand the risks of automobile travel, which include, but are not limited to, physical and emotional injuries. Such risks may be caused by my own actions or inactions or the actions or inactions of others, the weather, or the conditions of the road, and there may be other risks either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time. I hereby agree to ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, and assume all responsibility for losses, costs, and damages I may incur, where such risks or losses arise from or are connected with the Services.
- I hereby release, waive and discharge any and all claims that I now or hereafter may have against the Volunteer, St. Louis NORC, and the Jewish Federation of St. Louis (the “Released Parties”) resulting from the Services, whether caused in whole or in part by the NEGLIGENCE AND/OR FAULT of the Released Parties, whether passive or active (excluding gross negligence or intentional torts).