Applications for teen travel in 2020 will open on December 20, 2019 and close February 7, 2020.
The Israel Center provides need-based scholarship assistance to ease the cost of a quality Israel experience for teens. All applications are held in strict confidence and the committee review process is anonymous.
Here are some important notes to consider while completing the application:
- All information is confidential.
- The scholarship committee does not know the names of the applicants.
- Do not include any identifying information in your “Description of Need.”
To be eligible to receive financial aid, the applicant must:
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Be a resident of the St. Louis metropolitan area.
- Be a high school student.
- Complete the online application in full and provide all the requested documentation (see checklist below).
Once you’ve completed the online application, you will need to submit your financial information separately. In order for this application to be complete, each item listed below must be included. Incomplete applications WILL NOT be submitted to the scholarship committee for consideration.
Be sure to submit:
- Copy of the first two pages of the 2018 1040 form.
- Listing of other sources of income for 2018 not reported on the 1040, such as child support payments.
- Brief explanation of the factors you would like the committee to consider when evaluating this application. Please DO NOT include identifying information (i.e. names) on the explanation.
All financial information may be emailed to JGerth@JFedSTL.org mailed or dropped off in person at the address below:
Jody Gerth, Israel Center Associate
Jewish Federation of St. Louis
12 Millstone Campus Drive
St. Louis, MO 63146
For any questions regarding this process, please contact at Jody Gerth at 314-442-3881 or JGerth@JFedSTL.org.
The Sam, Charles and Mamie Rich Education Fund supports these scholarships.