Before applying, please contact Karen Rader about available need-based funds at 314-442-3756 or KRader@JFedSTL.org.
The Israel Center provides need-based scholarship assistance to ease the cost of a quality Israel experience for teens. All applications are held in strict confidence and the committee review process is anonymous.
Here are some important notes to consider while completing the application:
- All information is confidential.
- The scholarship committee does not know the names of the applicants.
- Do not include any identifying information in your “Description of Need.”
To be eligible to receive financial aid, the applicant must:
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Be a resident of the St. Louis metropolitan area.
- Be a high school student.
- Complete the online application in full and provide all the requested documentation (see checklist below).
Once you’ve completed the online application, you will need to submit your financial information separately. In order for this application to be complete, each item listed below must be included. Incomplete applications WILL NOT be submitted to the scholarship committee for consideration.
Be sure to submit:
- Copy of the first two pages of the 2017 1040 form.
- Listing of other sources of income for 2017 not reported on the 1040, such as child support payments.
- Brief explanation of the factors you would like the committee to consider when evaluating this application. Please DO NOT include identifying information (i.e. names) on the explanation.
All financial information may be emailed to KRader@JFedSTL.org, mailed or dropped off in person at the address below:
Karen Rader – Israel Center Director
Jewish Federation of St. Louis
12 Millstone Campus Drive
St. Louis, MO 63146
For any questions regarding this process, please contact at Karen Rader at 314-442-3756 or KRader@JFedSTL.org.
The Sam, Charles and Mamie Rich Education Fund supports these scholarships.