Director of NEXTGen St. Louis
The Jewish Federation of St. Louis mobilizes the Jewish community and its human and financial resources to preserve and enhance Jewish life in St. Louis, Israel and around the world. We currently have a position open in our Planning & Allocations Department for a Director of NEXTGen St. Louis.
The Jewish Federation of St. Louis seeks a creative and dynamic leader for its new NEXTGen department. The ideal candidate is passionate about creating connections that promote Jewish identity and engagement with members of the GenX and GenY (roughly 18-45 years old) populations. The Director will report directly to the Vice President of Planning and Allocations and will:
- Create and staff a volunteer leadership structure for the department;
- Mentor, lead and supervise a team of young professionals;
- Develop initiatives and programs designed to continuously engage members of the target populations, working closely with our community agencies and synagogues;
- Partner with the Communications Department to create and implement a multi-pronged marketing campaign, including all aspects of social media, creative branding and design, and an interactive website;
- Oversee the department budget and expenditures;
- Partner with the Development Department to raise funds for key initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A passion for Jewish life in all of its guises;
- An entrepreneurial spirit and experience working with the target population;
- Prior Jewish organizational experience preferred but not required;
- A track record of successful program development and fundraising ability;
- Previous supervisory experience;
- A passion for Israel; experience in Israel travel or Israel education a plus;
- A current social media presence;
- A degree in social work, business, communications, Jewish studies, or a relevant field; advanced degree preferred;
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken;
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and Sundays.
The Jewish Federation offers a terrific benefits package including health/dental, 403(b), vacation, paid Jewish and secular holidays, 50% off membership at the JCC, sick time, personal days, life insurance, ltd and more.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.